Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
BCSS in Labis
Sunday, December 11, 2005
This afternoon, I followed mum to Labis, which, in case you guys didn't know, is some place in Segamat.. So what happened was first we went to pick two nurses up from the old hospital which is now converted into a nursing college and we waited for the two of them like FOREVER!! They were really taking their own sweet time!!! *grumble* So while waiting, we took some piccies and here's one of me.. Just look at my dark circles!!



This is what happens when you sleep at 2 am every night and wake up at 8 am.. Fine, 6 hours maybe normal to you, but it's not to me.. *grumbles again* Internet is sooo taking me away from my beauty sleep!!

So anyways, cutting short to the event that took place on the way to Labis, mum was driving when suddenly we heard a weird sound only to find a punctured tyre! So while mum and I were wondering how to jack the car up (is that correctly put?) the nurses called this one motorcyclist passing by to come help.. At first he was like all blur until he saw the flattened tyre.. He was this old chinese guy who couldn't really understand Malay.. and well, the nurses were talking to him in their mother tongue.. So ok, he helps us change the tyre and when he's done changing it (it was his first time changing a car tyre btw), mum wanted to give him some reward as a token of our appreciation, but he wouldn't take it! What a very nice civilian eh? God bless him..

So, with the weird directions this one guy gave us, we finally found the place where the event was to be held which was at the Buddist Association in Labis.. Oh, yeah, the event.. Urm.. Breast palpation for women or more like an awareness campaign on breast cancer.. Why? Well, early detection saves lives you know..

Mum put me in charge of registration and honestly, I've never seen a more unsystematic process! So ok, these ppl need to register their names to do breast palpations right? And there were numbers so normally we'd follow the numbers and call them in when it's their turn.. But when I called names, nobody answered me! So fine! I decided to make it a first come (and sit on the chairs placed in front of the palpation rooms), first serve kinda thing.. And these women were like asking me why I'm not following the name list and I was like trying to make them understand and THAT wasn't an easy job coz I was trying to explain my situation to them in CHINESE!! And you know la.. my chinese.. lol.. half past six! *wipes sweat of brow*

But wah.. damn shiok! The people who invited BCSS over there to do this palpation cum breast cancer awareness thingy (Lioness Club and Buddist Association Labis), were like bringing loads of food to my table and serving me drinks and stuff.. Lol! Really nice of them to do so.. So I was like enjoying the food being served to me while I was doing the registration.. Hehe!


The event went on for two full hours and we had like 55 people registering, but only about 50 ppl had palpations done.. And one case was detected.. Poor woman had a really big lump in her breast and was referred to a surgeon.. She's kinda low in the financial department so I guess the Lioness Club will help her out there.. It was a really great day, as we managed to reach out to the public and fulfill the objectives of the club.. So we went back at 4 pm, feeling really tired but well, it was all for a good cause and therefore was worth it!

Btw, I was praised by a couple of older people for helping the society out ;)
posted by Josephine @ 10:48 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:05 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey..i think its great that u helped out in the campaign or watever u call it...That's a nice way of making a difference in people's life...without actually noticing that you are making a difference in their lives...oh..wth am I crapping..u get it right?... I would love to do it some day..=)

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger Josephine said…

    hehe.. thanks.. and you know, you already are making a diff in people's lives.. eg: me.. you made a diff in my life by just being my friend :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com