Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
Quest for Christmas - Part 2
Saturday, December 03, 2005
"Save Christmas?" I repeated after Gus. "I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand you. Why should christmas need saving? It comes every year doesn't it? And Christmas is in 3 days time."

Gus looked down to his feet as he said, "Christmas, as you know it, is the Christmas you celebrate according to the calendar. It's the spirit we need you to help us save. It is dying as we speak." Taking a deep breath, he continued, "Santa Claus, the upholder of christmas joy and love, is being held captive by the evil Ice Queen. The mistress of winter and guardian of cold hearts. She has been wanting to destroy Christmas for as long as we can remember. Now, she is a step closer to succeeding with Santa as her prisoner. After the stroke of 12 on Christmas eve, she will rule earth and evil will engulf the world as we know it!"

"But how am I to help with that? I have no talent, I'm not brave nor smart and as you can see, my legs aren't exactly functional. These legs I have are plastic fittings. Fake legs that I got after the accident years back." Letting out a sigh, I continued. "I think you've the wrong person, Gus. I'm sorry but I'm in no condition to help you no matter how much I'd like to."

Gus jumped onto my shoulder and sat there whispering in my ear. "Sarah, there is more to you than you think. You are the chosen one. Please Sarah. Help us." Gus broke down into tears. Seeing my new found friend in that state, I heaved a long sigh and nodded my head slowly. "I'll help you Gus. If that's the last thing I do."

Smiling harder than he had since he came to my room, he told me to trust him as he plucked a strain of hair from my head and started to mumble weird words in some language I've never heard of. Suddenly, I found everything around me growing bigger and bigger when it suddenly struck me. I was the one shrinking at an incredible speed! Before I knew it, I was standing eye-to-eye with Gus.

"Quickly now, Sarah. There's no time to lose. We must hurry!" He jump out the window pulling me with him. I was screaming for my life only to find me flying up and not falling down! I was sitting comfortably at the back of a horse. Not any horse but one with wings adorned with soft bird feathers! Looking at it's head, I saw the flying horse wasn't just a flying horse. The thing of beauty and refined magnificence, was a unicorn! It wasn't like the kind of unicorns people wrote about in books as aforementioned, could fly! His horn was razor sharp and shining like a star in the night. With Gus at the rein, we travelled through the cold winter night...
posted by Josephine @ 5:42 pm  
3 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com