Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
Quest for Christmas - Part 1
Thursday, December 01, 2005
On one cold winter night, not too long ago, something mystical happened to me as I was about to close my eyes and drift into deep slumber. Snuggled up in my bed and ready to sleep, I was suddenly disturbed by soft tapping at my window. I grew irritated as I thought the neighbour's son was throwing pebbles at my window again. I decided to ignore the sound but I couldn't, as it grew louder and louder, and faster too.

Frustrated, I got up and walked to the window, ready to give my neighbour's son a piece of my mind, when I saw him. A small figure wearing a weird green pointed hat, no bigger than my hand. His ears were queer, the kind of ears you'd read about only in children's bedtime story books. Sharp at the top. His feet were covered with funny shoes with tiny little bells at the very tip. "This can't be true," I thought to myself. Pixies or elves or whatever this weird creature was, don't exist!

I rubbed my eyes thinking that maybe my tired mind was playing tricks on me. I opened my eyes wide and there he still was! Standing there, hands folded, making hand signals at me to open my window. Quickly, I opened it and in jumped the small man. "Hello," he started. With his soft voice, it came out as almost a squeek. I strained my ears to listen to what he was saying. "My name is Gus. I'm an elf, as you can see and I work for Santa," he stopped for a moment waiting for some reaction from a very stunned me.

"Hello! Are you alright?" He asked me, snapping his tiny fingers me. Suddenly awake from my shock, I found my mouth hanging so I quickly pursed my lips together. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm sorry, I just don't see elves very often. In fact, I've never seen an elf in my life! I thought you were just a myth and so was Santa!" I answered, my words pouring out like vomit. Gus gave a short laugh and said that science and technology and stuff are the things that made truth into myths. I held out my pinky as he offered his hand.

"Hi Gus, I'm Sarah. It's really a pleasure to meet you. Sorry I forgot my manners for a while there," I said. "Don't you worry about it, my dear. Here's the thing, Sarah. I'm here because I need your help and our records show that you are the only one who can help us," Gus said, his expression solemn. "Of...Of course," I stuttered at the look in Gus' eyes. "How may I be of help?" "Listen Sarah, we need you to save Christmas!"

... to be continued...
posted by Josephine @ 1:55 pm  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com