Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
Sabah Part IV
Thursday, May 17, 2007
Sorry haven't been updating much about my Sabah trip.. Been waiting for some pics from Kai Shing's camera but haiya.. cannot wait la! Will post the pics from her camera later..

First, a picture of my beautiful nephew, Aidan.. as promised!


Date: 14th and 15th May

Nothing much happened on the 14th of May.. Just went to my grandaunt's place to visit her and I wanted to help her pack "linampuka" (some banana kuih thingy albeit a Kadazan delicacy) into banana leaves but she shoo-ed me away coz those she was making were for sale and I didn't pack them in equal sizes lol! So ended up watching some Korean series with my cousins. Stayed with her that night.. Felt real bad coz she asked me to sleep on the bed while she slept on the floor with nothing but a mat to lie on.. And I felt worse after I had to wake her up crazy early in the morning to tell her I needed to use the loo since she locked the door to the kitchen where the toilet happens to be.. Sigh..

Me trying to wrap "linampuka" in banana leaf before being shoo-ed away! Hehe!

Me (with my crazy dark circles) and my cousin, Eloise.. camwhoring while watching Korean drama! FYI, I sleep at 1am and wake up at 6am in Sabah!! EVERYDAY!! (-_-")

On the 15th of May, I learnt how to make "linampuka".. Well, sorta... My grandaunt just plopped everything into a big basin without actually measuring the ingredients.. lol! Pro already! Also brought this grandaunt of mine and another grandaunt for breakfast.. Pipin mee sup again!! YAY!! Can't get enough of the stuff!

Aunty Mary (mum's first cousin) all dressed up and ready for work!

Have you ever seen a publication with FOUR different languages inside??

My maternal grandmother's sisters.. They are more of grandmothers to me than grandaunts

Flirted with the "waiter" there... I believe he's one of the owner's sons.. Being young (and single) rocks! :D (P/S: Cousin Gina just told me he might be my cousin.. *faint*)

Kai Shing flew over to Sabah today with 11 other people.. All-in-all there were 13 people which includes me and a Sabahan fella, Zhen Kai (10 guys, 3 girls).. Real nice people I should add.. Can't remember all their names tho.. Although it was my first time meeting them, they really took care of me.. especially this guy named Tony.. Went to a couple of places with them namely Yayasan Sabah (there's a famous rotating restaurant on the 18th floor.. we went in and were totally embarrassed coz we were all in shorts and t-shirt and the people there were in pretty frocks and suits! LOL), UMS, Tanjung Aru beach, Sutera Harbour Resort and then dinner at Salut Seafood Restaurant!

Yayasan Sabah a.k.a the leaning tower of Sabah! It really does lean slightly to one side! I'm not surpised coz the bottom part of the building is smaller than the top.. Somewhat like a Popsicle!

Inside the rotating restaurant.. Takes a whole hour to turn one round.. Somewhat like the Carlsberg Sky Tower in Sentosa Island, Singapore...

Tanjung Aru "almost" sunset


Sutera Harbour at sunset! The pics aren't very clear tho.. will upload more pictures of Sutera Harbour once Kai Shing passes them to me.. Rufie's camera seriously sux when it comes to night scenes

Now.... THE FOOD!!!

Feel free to salivate! Muahaha!



Date: 16th May (Teacher's Day!!)

Went to Labuan with cousin Rachele today.. Missed the first ferry (8am) by 5 mins!!! Took the next one which was at 1.30pm! After an exhausting 4.5 hour journey (normally the journey takes 2.5 hours but coz of the rough seas, we went real slow), we decided to stay at Labuan but unfortunately, my parents were crazy against the idea so we had to fly back the same night at 9.50pm via MAS airlines (which btw, took 30mins)! Didn't really have any mood to camwhore so I'll just post up a pic of my purchase...

Inniskillin Ice Wine!!! Vincent's present to me for my 22nd Birthday!! Yay!!

Btw, the outside roof of the airport broke and water came gushing down like waterfall and the current was so strong, two cars were pushed a few feet away!

Drama betul la my day!!

Labels:

posted by Josephine @ 4:07 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com