Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
Peach Blossoms
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Happy Lunar New Year, everyone!!!

It has been a great festive season for me.. full of laughter and joy! Of course, there were minor frictions here and there but well, that's family!

My house @ Night.. Only during CNY..

My cousin from my maternal side of the family (Rachele) came down to celebrate CNY with us on the 2nd of Feb.. My third aunt came back from KL on the 5th of Feb, the day before New Year.. That night, we (my parents, my aunt, and I) went NIGHT marketing at Giant Supermarket, the wet market at Kampung Abdullah, and some cold-storage shop we've never been to.. According to my parents, these NIGHT wet markets which lasts all through the night up to the next morning, is only held once a year, which is on the day before CNY..



The next day (New Year's Eve), we did last minute sweeping and moping and cleaning up the place because we using a broom on New Year's day brings bad monetary luck (I think).. And only once a year would you see me doing this...

My cousin, Rachele, said this is so rare, it's like striking 4D number and that's why she took my picture while I was busy doing housework! LOL!

"What the..."

We had prayers whereby we offered food to the Dieties and also to the Ancestors.. Having and following Chinese customs makes life a whole lot more interesting, doesn't it? =) The slide show below is a slide show of some random pictures I took just to show how Chinese New Year-ish my place is lols~! My parents are gung-ho about CNY!



Rufina arrived sometime in the afternoon that same day.. We we're lying down next to each other facing the computer and chatting on MSN to each other and to Pammie when my bro came in and said "wow, you guys really look alike!" and took our pic..

Rufie and Me.. Look alike? Hmm.. Prolly coz we were both lying down that way..

At midnight, we were to change into our new clothes and pray to "Ti Kong" and "Chai Sen Ye" outside the house.. The display of fireworks all around my neighbourhood was simply breathtaking~! Loud sounds of firecrackers were also heard from all directions.. We didn't have those long 5 - 15 feet Chinese firecrackers this year.. Just some loud sounding single firecracker thingy which you light and quickly throw away before you blast your fingers off *Touch Wood*..

Display of fireworks all around the neighbourhood~!

David playing with a lamer version of "firecracker"

We didn't do much on New Year's day.. It was pretty quiet since there were only a few of us in the house.. My third aunt's hubby came later in the evening with Amy (the dog), and so did my youngest aunt and her hubby, all from KL.. So didn't take any pics that day..

On the 2nd day however, well, it was quite eventful and I had great fun! For most families, the reunion dinner is usually on the eve of CNY.. but for us, it's always on the 2nd day coz most of my family members come back on the 2nd day of CNY.. And we usually have BBQ or steamboat as our reunion dinner...

Doesn't that make you salivate?? Oooh~~!

Pam, Rufie kept her promise.. She ate your share.. LOL!




Me and Amy~!




I was really glad that everyone was happy and were truly enjoying themselves! Of course, the consequences were big tummies and piling homework and housework! LOL! I hope you guys had a great CNY too!!

Labels:

posted by Josephine @ 12:42 am  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:54 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eh? i thought ur dog's a cocker spaniel.. different dog now?

     
  • At 10:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Basket. Camwhoring with my dog la..Never pay me royalties some more... (it's ok.. because i love you so much, i'm willing to accept ang pows from you as well) Some more misspell her name?!??! *grrrr*

     
  • At 7:48 pm, Blogger Josephine said…

    anon: yeah my dog's a cocker spaniel.. that's my cousin's dog

    rufie: i didnt mispell her name lols.. thats the name ur MOM gave her coz TAMMY sounds like PAMMIE! haha *blek*

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com