Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
University Friends
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
The current blogging trend amongst my friends? Blogging about university friends.. So, here's mine..

"To make a friend takes a minute,
To be a friend takes a lifetime"

I came into IMU not knowing anyone in Bpharm except Chuan Zhen whom I didn't exactly know either.. Just met him at Sedaya before that. The first people I came to know were of course, my housemates, Lay Chin, Chin Yee, Kee Lai and Menaka. On the first day of uni, registration day, I met a few others and I distinctly remember the Malaccans sitting in a circle, while the others were all spread out. During the first week alone, I made so many friends, I could hardly remember their names! LOL! I especially couldn't remember Cathy's name coz Chuan Zhen had introduced her to me as Sing Kiat and well, I'm terrible at Chinese names.. haha!

One of the first people I approached were Jennifer and Jivanti since both of their names came before mine. Jivan wasn't really happy with the short names I wanted to call her like Jiva and Jiv so I think I kinda got on her nerves then.. LOL! Jen, she caught my attention (not in a lesbianny way) coz she was just so bubbly and jovial! I just had to lean over Jivan to say hi! Soon I made friends with Cindy, May and a couple of other people. Ah, May was another one who caught my attention coz she couldn't stop laughing for some reason.. Haha!

During orientation, I became good friends with a couple of other people such as Shea Reen and Kai Shing. At that time, everyone was still getting to know each other and bonds slowly began to form between all of us as a class. It wasn't hard being such a small community. However, soon after, especially after our junior's orientation and subsequent class projects, we began to see everyone's true colours. Like water and oil, we were then unable to get along well anymore.

The class broke into groups, and there was not much mixing done there on hence. My group of which originally consisted of Cindy, Cathy, Jennifer, Magdalene, May and me, became larger, with the addition of Qi Yun and Simran, whereby we got close to them sometime after sem 4. But even though I have what you might call, a "permanent" group, I'm still close to a couple of other people such as those in Jivan's group, Chuan Zhen, Alan and so on and so forth.

Apart from meeting some of the greatest few in my class, I also got to meet Chia Ling's friends. Whenever I felt alone or down, I knew I could always count of them. After Chia Ling and gang left IMU Bukit Jalil, well, life got a lil more boring especially at night in Vista. They left Zakhir and Lydia there tho so I guess the boredom is still bareable! LOL! Because of IMU, I also got to meet people like Jason, Daniel and Nithiya and some other juniors whom I know are more than just juniors to me.. but are also people I call friends.

It's no doubt I've made friends with a wonderful bunch of wackos but while on this journey I take to my future, I've also met characters I wish I had never met. But hey, no road is all that smooth. Gotta have potholes and humps here and there.. That's the only way we can learn to grow. Thank you dear friends. If it weren't for your support and love, I think I would've gone mad at the beginning of BPharm. LOL!
posted by Josephine @ 1:50 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Yeah, I hated IMU...on the first day. That's why I cant remember who I met on the first day. Didn't know you got on my nerves. But now Jivan is so familiar, don't you think..~wink~

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com