Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
What Gives??
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Wondering what MLM was really all about, Shyh Haur brought me to his company yesterday to have a look see. Men were clad in expensive suits, women in extravagant clothings with pricetags which were more extravagant! A few of his and Wei Chee's peers took to talking to me, sharing their experiences and stuff like that (which btw, sounded about the same to me). Wei Chee even brought a registered pharmacist to talk to me about her experience in the pharmacy world which she will soon leave for good in due fact that she is now fully involved in MLM. One guy in particular, Kenny, he was the last and the cutest person to talk to me about the company's MLM and why it benefitted him and so many around him, trying, like the others, to pull me into MLM. Pinky swearing with him, I promised I'd go to the office again sometime in the future.

Today, Shyh Haur brought me to his company again, though I did mention that I did not want to go. But because I was "reminded" of my promise to Kenny, I was practically pulled in to the office. Kenny started telling me stuff about how time management was the most important thing if I wanted to join MLM while studying (he couldn't understand that BPharm is much too hectic a course) and told me about how a few thousand bucks were nothing in the company and stuff like that. Stuff that would have probably made money hungry materialistic people (or in other words, "normal" people) drool. All the while he was talking, my mind was elsewhere. I did feel like slapping Shyh Haur so bad!

Kenny then asked us to go for dinner at Chilli's KLCC and that he would foot the bill. While in KLCC, he was totally and not to mention, arrogantly, flaunting off the fact that he could pay for extravagant suits from Armani and such. For me, it was a real turn-off! I liked what I saw on the outside, but what he is on the inside made me feel like hurling! The way he and Shyh Haur talked and the others talked, it was like, money is the be all and end all of life as we know it. I felt sad for them, honestly speaking, and somewhat.. disgusted..

Later when Shyh Haur was driving me back to Bukit Jalil, I had an argument with him regarding this. Not MLM but regarding money. I realised (and so did he) that our views on that subject are worlds apart! Me, I don't really care about money. Maybe this is a momentary thing and I could be engulfed in a world full of materialism in the near future. Shyh Haur, he basically thinks that money is happiness. He didn't exactly say that, but the implication he gave was that. He, I realised, is one of the 90% of people in this world who go by the saying, "if you've got it, flaunt it". I don't agree with that. I know many a great men who earns much more than so many others who do not flaunt their wealth, instead live really down-to-earth lives. One of them being the infamous farmer (I think) who is a millionaire, but uses a rafia string as a belt for his torn and dirty pants (Star Newspaper front page news some time back).

Shyh Haur even implied that the more the money, the higher a person's status in public. Hell, like I know who Steven Yim is! And how exactly would you define Bill Gates status wise? Somebody we've got to bow down to just because he's the richest man in the world?? What a load of crap! Sorry, Shyh Haur. I just don't see your point!

Anyways, I realised then what kind of men I am truly attracted too. In other words, men whom I'd consider my ideal life partner material. Men who are down-to-earth. That trait, I believe, will be the last piece of puzzle to create a beautiful picture of a man. "Who doesn't love money?" Kenny said (though it may not be exactly what he said). Who doesn't indeed? But whether a rich man can live and mingle with the peasants while maintaining a certain financial status without shoving the cruel fact that they are far better off financially than these poor people up their arses is a totally different thing altogether.

OK.. that last sentence didn't make much sense but I hope you get my point. Well, whatever it is, I hope one day people will come to realise that not everyone sees money the same way every other "normal" human being does. You definately won't be getting my respect by waving a stack of green paper in my face! In fact, by doing so, you'll be digging your own grave, being targets of people who'd kill for money! Why take the risk? Can't love the wonder money can bring you by lying motionless and breathless 6 feet underground now, can you?
posted by Josephine @ 12:58 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com