Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
Back From the Dead
Saturday, June 24, 2006
My Semester 4 holidays are now coming to an end. In less than 48 hours I'll be starting a new year, a new semester in IMU. It has been 5 weeks since the start of my holidays and like the wind, it just passed me by. Maybe I find my 5 weeks too short because I had to go for some industrial attachment at a pharmaceutical company in Melaka during the first 2 weeks of my 5 week break.
For the record, I hated my 2 weeks there, and it seemed an eternity for my attachment to be over! But I got 2 days off from "work" seeing to the fact that I got called in for borderline viva. Not to mention, I couldn't celebrate my 21st birthday on a large or grand scale because of the stupid attachment! Sure, I did SORT OF celebrate my birthday with my friends from uni on the last day of our finals, and with my family on the night before my birthday. FYI, my finals ended on a Thursday, my birthday was on a Sunday.
Well, enough about that, I actually wanted to blog about a more fun event. In fact, the best week I've had in a very long time! Namely, my trip to the Pearl of the Orient... Penang! I don't have any pictures of my trip as of yet, due to the fact that I haven't gotten my hands on any of them!

Well anyways, here's the story...

Kiat Wei, Engmin and I were suppose to go to Singapore this holiday but because both their passports expired and Engmin refused to do one because she had not gone for facial yet, we cancelled our plans. We then thought of going to Genting but the rooms at First World hotel were fully booked/occupied. So then, after some thought, plus Maybelline telling me about the dragon boat race going on (which btw, was in May), I decided to go to Penang whether or not Kiat Wei and Engmin wanted to go. Anyways, Kiat Wei decided to come along to Penang with me, while Engmin declined, saying that it was too far to travel.

We (Kiat Wei and I) took a train from Segamat to KL on Monday, 12th June. Our train reached KL two hours delayed because (as we found out from Su Lyn a little later) our train had knocked down an Indian woman and she had died. May her soul RIP. Well, anyways, since the train to Penang was to depart from KL at 8.45pm, we had about 3 hours to kill so we decided to go to Midvalley first. Cutting the story short, we missed the train to Penang because the stupid commuter was late!!!! Kiat Wei decided to blame the commuter coz we didn't wanna stoop to blaming each other lol! So since we missed the train, we were like, what the heck? Why not spend some time in KL and take the next train up? FYI, there's only ONE train up to Penang everyday! Before we actually decided on that, we did think about going up to Genting and stuff but that's a long story.

We spent day two, which was suppose to be day one in Penang, hanging around in KL. We first went to KLCC then to 1 Utama (Magdalene drove us there) to watch "The Omen".. Scary show.. *Shivers*.. Well, anyways, we left pretty early because we were scared we'd miss the train again! Thank God, we were ONE hour early! And then at 8.45pm, a long 8 hour journey to Penang began..

At precisely 5.55am, Kiat Wei and I reached our destination, Butterworth. Sze May and her eldest bro picked us up from the station and then we went to Wen Theng's place to pick her up. The first stop we made after fetching Wen Theng was at a roadside "loh mee" stall. For the record, all the famous and best Penang food places are at the roadside!

After our very early breakfast, we went to the jetty to take a ferry down to Penang island. The last time I went to Penang was when I was about 4 years old, and I distinctively remember the sea water being clear and had lots of fishes swimming about. Now, the water is dirty and slightly murky and the only aquatic animals that could be seen were jellyfish.. *yucks*.. May took us to her grandfather's place called "Gold Coast Resort" where we stayed a night.

Anyways, at about 9.30am, if I'm not mistaken, Daniel came and picked us up from May's grandad's place and brought us around Penang island, where we visited Kek Lok Si temple, then ate asam laksa (which btw, wasn't the original and best asam laksa since Daniel didn't exactly know where THE asam laksa was), then we headed to the Botanical Gardens (lots of monkeys there), Air Keroh (I think) Lake, went to a Burmese and Siamese temple (again, I THINK!), drove around places like Fort Cornwallis (is it spelt like that?), City Hall and other places.. We then went to Gurney Plaza to watch "Benchwarmers" (and btw, the tickets said cinema 10, but I lead my friends to cinema 12! SUPER EMBARASSING!!) and there, we met up with Daniel's girlfriend, Veen Win. She then brought us around another part of Penang while Daniel went to work.

The next day, May's second brother brought us out. The first place we went to was a dim sum shop and Kiat Wei and I were kinda shocked and dissapointed at the fact that they didn't have any other drinks BUT Chinese Tea!!! *CRIES*.. We then went to get some "Kuih Tambun", then went to the Toy Museum, which btw, was super nice!! We also went up some hill to this one place called urm.. Topical Fruit Garden I think? Kiat Wei and I shared this "hog plum" fruit juice while May and Wen Theng drank jackfruit juice! I can't remember what May's bro drank.. After that, we went to Khoo Kongsi, a temple for the Khoo family dieties and ancestors, went for cendol (supposedly Penang's best, but tasted exactly like the one in Segamat), then went for "Char Kuey Teow" where we waited for about 15 - 20 minutes but every bite was worth the wait, then drove across the bridge back to Seberang Prai over to May's place to drop her bro off, then went to "Kao Ung Nia" temple in Butterworth, bathed at May's grandad's house (she forced us to), went to dinner, and off to the train station.. LOL! How's that for cutting a long story short?

Went back to KL, then back to Segamat on the same day.. The End.. Hehe.. Well, actually, some interesting stuff took place on the train back to KL and back to Segamat, but I don't think I wanna blog about that now... Hehe! Till next time!

posted by Josephine @ 6:30 pm  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com