Pillgrimage

Life's A Pill - Just Swallow It!

 
About Me

Name: Josephine
Home: Segamat, Johore, Malaysia
About Me: One word... WEIRD!
See my complete profile
UNDER CONSTRUCTION
this blog's layout is currently under construction
Evolved Primates
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Charles Darwin's Theory of Evolution is beginning to make sense to me. After what I witnessed today, I believe that we may truly be evolved primates, with brains like supercomputers and what not, but we are ANIMALS nonetheless..

Today happened to be the day we get to select the subject of our choice. Select, being a very subjective and deceitful word.. Our selectives are divided into three modules (Bioinformatics, Radiopharmacy and Veterinary Pharmacy) of which we were to "choose" one.. And only 20 people can enrol into any one module. This meant that only the first 20 people (yes, it was done on a first come, first serve basis) FAST enough to signup their names in each one of the respective modules will be the only ones who truly get to "select"! The rest, well, they had to settle for second best, or worse!

After much asking around, we found out that 50% of the class wanted to take Veterinary Pharmacy, and another 50% wanted to take Radiopharmacy. NOBODY wanted to take Bioinformatics!! So since selections were done on a first come, first serve basis as aforementioned, about EVERYONE started running towards the venue right after class ended! It was like there was a stampede in the university! I, myself, almost fell down while running because Zi Yang practically ran me over!

So anyways, we lined up in the hall, and what do you know, only two lines were formed, not three! Then Dr. Arjun comes in and tells us to go out because it wasn't time for us to be in the hall yet. Only after we numbered ourselves did we go out in the manner that we had lined up in. Despite the fact that we already came up with the numbering system, in the end, no one followed and those originally from the back of the line rushed to the front after the doors were officially opened! People started pushing from the back, no one except a minor few were any more civilized than animals!

The pushing was so bad to the extent that many people got hurt and Wai Yin even fell head down onto the floor and instead of helping her up immediately, people were practically jumping over her to get to the registration tables! I was caught at the door for a few seconds, desperately trying to pry myself loose as I was squashed with the front portion of my body pressing against the other half of the door! When I came out surprisingly alive and in one piece, my front and back hurt! The price I paid for "fighting" with my peers for a place in Veterinary Pharmacy, which thank God, I got! Damn, it was way worse than trying to get into the LRT!

Other people weren't very happy with some of the other people who had cut queue and had lost all sense of ethics just because they wanted to get the subject of their choice. Selfish and self-centered would be two of the many words I could use on them! I'm in no position to name names as it did not happen to me, and although it did happen to three of my best friends, I don't think they'd be happy if I disclosed the names of those who totally crapped out in my blog.

Let's just hope the faculty will come up with a better plan for future selectives be it for us or for our juniors so that this kind of nonsensical, animal behavior does not appear and harm anymore people physically, mentally, socially or emotionally!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Reading JEFFREY ARCHER - Kane & Abel (1979)
posted by Josephine @ 7:15 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 10:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    ~sigh~ people will always be people. Need I say more? We are all people =(

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Previous Post
Archives
When I'm Too Free..
Let's Chat~!
Powered by

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

© 2006 Pillgrimage .Template by Isnaini Dot Com